Friday, October 9, 2009

Hooray for Doll Class!

So last night I had my first doll class with JoAn Morris. I think this may be the best deal I've ever found! She charges $8.50 for the class, and then you pay for your materials as you go. I chose a beautiful doll to make named Martina...she'll be ready for me to clean in next week's class. I'm so excited! Last night I worked on a practice doll head. I cleaned her seams and cut out her eyes. I didn't even break or chip her! I'm just so geeked! It was so great to be able to talk to women who are just as excited about dolls as I am, even if they are a few (or several) decades older than I am. I think this is going to be a good thing for me. I'll keep all of you, my nonexistent audience, in the loop.



This is the doll I chose to make. She's made by the Great American Doll Company and is designed by Rottraut Schaut from Germany. I hope she turns out just as beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment