Thursday, October 1, 2009

Disaster!

While I would love to report on doll news...I can't. Today is a sad day for Eriufaeye! I bought the new AvantGuard doll Androgyny off of ebay last week. She's beautiful, and wonderful...and broken. Last night she tried to commit suicideby diving from her shelf...but succeeded only in dislodging her wig and breaking her ankle. There was hope at first, as she has removable feet, but the post of her high heeled foot was lodged in her leg. I thought I could pull it out and reattach it to the foot...almost good as new...but tweezers couldn't hold the post, and even the smalles needle nose pliers couldn't get in far enough to the leg to even grasp the post without pushing it in further. So it seems my choices are to glue her foot back on as best I can, possibly lose the mobility of her ankle and lose the ability (possibly...with a good enough bond I might not) to change out the feet for the flats OR shove the post further into the leg and have her permanently flat footed. I like neither choice. Stupid suicidal doll. She was on that shelf perfectly sturdy for a whole week. The weirdest part? I was in the BASEMENT with my husband and ALL our pets when it happened. No slamming doors, nothing. Completely spontaneous. My only guesses are that either she really is suicidal, and I need to put her on suicide watch, or she was affected by an earthquake halfway around the world in Indonesia. Neither seems likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment